I’m thrilled to have Eugenia Weston, celebrity and Emmy nominated makeup artist and founder of Senna Cosmetics as a guest on my show, the Be Your Own Makeup Podcast!
6 Questions & Topics Covered in this episode (plus a bonus question at the end of the episode):
#1 – Copycats in the Industry [03:33]
#2 – Eugenia’s interesting story of how she invented her brow stencil [09:17]
#3 – What’s the best, most positive, development you predict in the beauty industry coming in the next five years? [14:45]
#4 – What are your tips for ageless beauty? [16:23]
“The thing that I feel is important right now is working with mature women.”
In a nutshell, her favorite ageless beauty tips are:
- Proper skin care
- Getting enough sleep
- Eating well
- Using a hydrating foundation
- A brow pencil
- An eyeliner (tight-lining, specifically)
- A brightening, peach-tone concealer
- Beautiful blush
- Don’t skip lip liner!
#5 – What 3 products from your line should every MUA have in their bag? [20:10]
#6 – What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned in your decades in the industry that you’d like to pass on to other MUAs? [21:14]
“I always look at the shape of the face as a room, and the features are the furniture.”
Eugenia’s story is an amazing evolution of a makeup artist, from drug store cosmetics counter girl to the very 1st licensed pro artist in California, to Emmy nominated celebrity artist, SENNA brand builder, teacher and mentor to professional artists, and internationally noted product innovator.
A pioneer in the beauty industry, Eugenia perfected her art training with legendary Hollywood makeup artists. Film work gave her an intuitive sense of the interplay of lighting and color. She was inspired to design cosmetics with intense pigments and flawless textures that perform exceptionally in the most demanding conditions. Read more.
- SENNA introduced the first brow shaping kit with stencils, the revolutionary Form-A-Brow® that launched a new beauty category.
- Eugenia received an Emmy nomination for the 46th Emmy Awards Outstanding Makeup for Bette Midler’s makeup in the TV movie, “Gypsy”.
- In 2016 Eugenia received The Makeup Show’s prestigious “Legendary Makeup Artist, Leader, Educator, and Business Owner” award.
- In 2017, Eugenia the 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award, in Recognition of Extraordinary Contributions to the Beauty Industry.
Want to ask me a question? You can head over here or even leave me a voicemail and I’ll answer your questions! If you like this episode, make sure to get on my email list to receive my monthly email newsletter. Lastly, I produce this episode free for you.
If you love the content and topic, consider supporting the show to avoid ads. You can do that here.
Last but not least, let’s connect 🙂
I’m Natalie, an American born makeup artist & makeup educator based in Wiesbaden, Germany. I truly believe that makeup, when applied well, can transform us in so many ways. My page is a space for inspiration, education, and advice. Thanks for being here & I’d love to connect with you!